1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer problems

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by Vmax2007, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Orange is the happiest color.

This all reminds me of when I had to reformat and reinstall operating system over Memorial Day weekend due to a virus. Fortunately, I have Dell Hardware Warranty Support. I'm normally not a fan of extended service contracts, but when it comes to computer support, it has been worth it for me.

I can't begin to relate to all the procedures I went thro reinstalling the XP, various drivers, and misc software packages with their help over the phone. But I have to tell you, that machine runs faster/better now than it ever did from the factory.

So hang in there Jeff and have your daughter foot the bill... :thumbs:

2. DofD

DofD The devil's in the details and there are a lot of

If it's the front USB plugs you're trying, open up the case and make sure the connectors for the front USB ports are still securely plugged in. More than a few times I've seen computers do weird things after being moved around.

Another thing to always have on hand is a bootable anti-virus CD. It's saved me a few times from having to do reinstalls. The Kaspersky AV boot CD has always worked well for me.

3. Vmax2007

Vmax2007 Guest

I got it! Thanks Zach!

I simply needed to update the USB Drivers. It was not related to my Ext Hard drive, my flash drive crashed it too.

:thumbs:

4. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

WOO HOO!

Good deal Jeff.

Does this mean that you'll be back online spamming the hell out of TMC tonight? :dunno:

5. Vmax2007

Vmax2007 Guest

Nope, I am going out tonight! :cheers:

6. Zembonez

Well it IS Friday night and all...

7. Vmax2007

Vmax2007 Guest

yeah, but hopefully people won't start mistaking me for someone who actually has a life. :lol:

8. Zembonez

We wouldn't want that.

9. Vmax2007

Vmax2007 Guest

I'll be sure to bring my TMC cards. I will be down in Stillwater, there will be buttloads of people there. I'll stick a few on some truck windshields. :thumbs:

10. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 UMBERTO de magnifico

That would be funny as hell if you went to go lift up someones wiper blade to put a card underneath it and the big angry owner saw you, came over and kicked your ass. Be careful out there...:)