1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer monitor help

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by ryan_h, Jun 12, 2009.

1. ryan_h

ryan_h Sofa King We Todd Did

I have a question for some of the computer guys. I have (had) a dual monitor setup until about 2 months ago. I use the second monitor primarily for drafting, but with not working it wasn't bothering me, I'm working on a side job and now it's a pain not having it. Anyways, they were working until I updated acrobat reader about 2 months ago, any ideas on what I should do to fix it.

2. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

Right click on your desktop. Go to properties, then settings. You should be able to manipulate the video card settings and reactivate your second monitor.

JIM

3. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

Our nVidia cards (at work) have these special nVidia deals in the control panel. One is called "nVidia Control Panel" and the other is "nVidia Desktop Manager." Between those two, it was pretty slick to set up our dual monitors.

And if you don't have nVidia cards, I would think any higher-end card would have something similar.

4. DofD

DofD The devil's in the details and there are a lot of

The dual monitor system where my wife works had a monitor stop work yesterday after a Windows update was installed. The fix was this.

Go to control panel -> Display -> Settings tab
    Click on Monitor 2
    Make sure that "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" is checked.

You might have to uncheck the "Extend my..." option then click Apply, then check the "Extend my..." option and click Apply again to get Windows to recognize it properly.

5. ryan_h

Alright I do have nVidia card and I think I have it set up correctly. Nothing displays on the second monitor but it say that it is set up. I have also swapped the monitors and they both do work as the main monitor. I have also made sure that the "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" is checked. When I go to troubleshoot it asks if I am using Adobe Type Manager and if so to remove it. Well I went and looked but I cannot find anything that says exactly Adobe Type Manager, but here are my Adobe programs. Adobe AIR, Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX, Adobe Reader 9.1.1 getPlus(R) for Adobe, and Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader 9 are one of these it?

6. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

This sounds like a job for.... SUPERMAN!

Chasing these problems can be a bear. Might want to try using system restore to restore to a point prior to the problem.

7. ryan_h

Well that's no fun

8. Chestah

Chestah Mostresticator

Make sure the physical connections are good.

*Two seperate DVI/VGA cables running to your computer's video card(s).
    *Power cables hooked into the back of the monitors and your surge protector.

And basically I'm going to say what other people said, ensure that you computer is configured to use two monitors.

9. ryan_h

They are set up correctly, sort of. I can view each one if I set it up as single monitor, but when I go to set up for dual that when the video display will not show up on the CTL. I have swapped each cable around and it’s not the cable or the monitor. I also went though and removed all the adobe software but that didn’t do any good either. Oh well 1 is better than none I guess.

10. stadt11

stadt11 LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009