1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catch Can help

Discussion in 'High Performance Mods' started by 66nova, May 9, 2014.

1. 66nova

66nova Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

I ordered a catch can from catchcans.com and I hope to get it installed this weekend. Overall, I think it should be fairly straight forward, but wanted some opinions/thoughts.

I know most just run a line from the PCV system on the drivers side to the can and back to the intake. I am trying to figure out why most don't run a T connector and run a line from the passenger side and back to the breather tube also? :dunno:

It would be easiest for me to just run the drivers side, but I am willing to run a line from the passenger side if it's needed.

Thought??

2. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

Passenger side valve cover has a place to tap? IIRC, stock covers only had a fresh air supply (intake air) off the throttle body. Air goes in there and out through the PCV. Now if you've got aftermarket covers or the stock does have a tap, then I'd utilize it

3. 66nova

You may be right. I just assumed that the tube connecting into the air intake tube was a PCV line too.

4. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

I think Darral is correct, for stock form there is only one breather on the engine. But since you are running a stronger modified setup, connecting the two would make for more efficient scavenging of the vapors to the can.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  5. 66nova

I ended up talking with Justin about it last night. He said just the drivers side is enough. In his opinion works better with just one on the drivers side vs running a T.

This plan works for me. It will be an easier and much cleaner looking install.

6. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

:thumbs:

7. Draenor

Draenor KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!

Just one on the dirty side or drivers side is enough. I catch about a teaspoon a month.

I do run two RX catchcans. One on each side. Added insurance, I guess. I would of purchased one that collected from both, but since I already had the one, I got another instead of combining.The one on the passenger side does trap oil vapor, but not enough to see drain out. It is aiding in not coating the intake tube though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 66nova

Thanks for the pics! I do think I will stick with the single on the drivers side.

So you don't see much oil build up on the passenger side?

9. Draenor

Draenor KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!

I had a light oil film on the intake side. For added insurance, I added the can so further accumulation doesn't get on the rotors and bypass valve. Since I put it on, probably a drop or two has come out, if that, a month.