Car Museum Visit

Bigredmariner

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been talking with the general manager of a vintage private car collection about using Adam's Polishes. The collection is owned by a wealthy Texas man who likes to take the cars all around the country to Concours shows. Today I went up to their shop to talk a little more about what they were looking for and to see what they are trying to detail.

Breathtaking is the one word that comes to mind, there were about 2 dozen cars at this site and each of them are rare and super valuable. One in particular is the only remaining car out of 5 built. Jay Leno offered $3.1 million for the car and was turned down. :eek:

Another vintage car is valued at over $2 mill. My head was spinning being around a vehicle that old and that expensive, and no I didn't take any pics. I found these on the net and thought I would share that much with you...

I sure hope their detailer likes the products because I would love to see more of the collection. :D

The 1929 Stutz Model M Lancefield Coupe that won Best of Show is owned by the Mitchell Collection of Montgomery, Texas. The Best of Show Award is presented by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Keeneland Concours in honor of Mari Hulman George.

The 1929 Stutz Model M Lancefield Coupe was purchased new by the Woolworth brothers in 1929 and bodied by Lancefield Coachworks of London, England. It is the only Lancefield coupe to be supercharged and the only one surviving out of five built. It was restored by Old Iron Works of Montgomery, Texas. The Stutz also won the Coachbuilt Classics class.

"We were all amazed by this sinister looking car," said Keeneland Concours co-chair Tom Jones. "It faced some very tough choices but considering the rarity and exquisite detail of the restoration, our judges made the right choice for Best of Show."
glenmoor-gathering-supercharged-2012-01.jpg

da2243679a.jpg

Bigredmariner

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was scared to take pics like some stalker. :lol:

I was trying to sell them on the products and not look like some school kid in a whore house!

There was nothing un-cool about that place, they had an 1100 cubic inch V8 Ford tank engine. Yes tank engine, that is going into a 1941 Dodge Power Wagon. The motor was massive and had 3, 750 cfm carbs sitting on top with velocity stacks. Just fucking cool shit everywhere you looked.

The chief detailer is the ONLY one who touches the paint of any vehicle! He puts wax on with his bare hands, if a scratch is introduced into the paint they all know who did it.:ohnoes:

If I earn even a small part of their business, this will be a good thing for me. So taking pics was out of the question this time.

Draenor

KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
Reaction score
I was scared to take pics like some stalker. :lol:

I was trying to sell them on the products and not look like some school kid in a whore house!

There was nothing un-cool about that place, they had an 1100 cubic inch V8 Ford tank engine. Yes tank engine, that is going into a 1941 Dodge Power Wagon. The motor was massive and had 3, 750 cfm carbs sitting on top with velocity stacks. Just fWONking cool shit everywhere you looked.

The chief detailer is the ONLY one who touches the paint of any vehicle! He puts wax on with his bare hands, if a scratch is introduced into the paint they all know who did it.:ohnoes:

If I earn even a small part of their business, this will be a good thing for me. So taking pics was out of the question this time.
Business first.:thumbs:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dannytomany
Back