1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry Pearl Flip

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by LMSeven, Jul 19, 2009.

1. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

No its made for it! We used it for diving when we were in TN. Its made to Military Spec... I mean it wont withstand pressure but has been submerged many times... Its also shock, dust and drop/thrown proof! :lol:

2. Cashezo

Cashezo Guest

Sounds like a cool phone, but...nothing can beat the iPhone :pfingers: :lol:

3. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

Actually I would rather have my phone and have the touch separate... At&t's service has always sucked when I had it and they screwed me over.. I still hope that rumor comes true that Apple goes with Verizon when there contract is up with ATT.. Even though my phone is not a keyboard or touch it still has the apps that I need for it and can use! GPS is the only app that I use...

Maybe I should rephrase that... Verizon should accept the offer from Apple!

4. LMSeven

LMSeven Μολών λαβέ

Are they as cheap as this? This phone might be $150 out the door with the promo price + a fee. I'm working on the converter, but uncle Sam isn't cooperating as quickly as needed :fume:

5. LMSeven

LMSeven Μολών λαβέ

Yep, but I'm not waiting another year to replace this phone lol. The annual promo deal isn't too bad, 2yr price plus $70 IIRC.

6. LMSeven

LMSeven Μολών λαβέ

It's on the way. Ordered online, $80 to my door with free 2 day shipping. Hopefully it's here Saturday. I checked it out at the store in person earlier today, the screen was way bigger than expected. As usual they attempted to hustle me, they said it would cost what the 2 year renewal pricing is + $70, yeahno. The only pita is the key board, not the size of the buttons but the arrangement of the letters is whack. BUT there is a game on the phone that I played for like 15 minutes, lol, an Army guy is parachuted out of a plane with a word on him, and you have to type the word before he reaches the ground. I was accustomed to the key board by the time I quit.

It's going to be tits to have a phone with some features, good graphics, and internet. Almost ordered the LG Dare but never been a fan of non flip phones. Also, VZ navigator is a total $10.00 a month rip off, if you have access to the internet = google maps!

7. Ramjoe

Ramjoe Moderator

Ive always had great luck with At&t. :dunno:

8. stadt11

stadt11 LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com

I had a Pearl 8130 for 2 years, loved it, but had poor battery life and even worse memory leaks! Good thing US Cellular has a battery wap program :D

I recently bought a Pearl Flip (Kickstart) 8230 a few weeks ago. I gotta say, I really like it! A huge plus ... no memory leaks!! It is a little big longer than I'd like when you fully flip it open, but not that big of a deal. I love the v4.6 OS, it's really improved over v4.5.

:thumbs: from me!

9. Mary Beth

Mary Beth clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

I got mad at my cell phone provider one time and couldn't get out of the contract unless I paid a riduculous fee. From that point on, I buy my phones used, that way I don't have to extend any contract. You'd be surprised how cheap you can find a phone on Craigslist.

10. LMSeven

LMSeven Μολών λαβέ

I looked around on Ebay but didn't find many good deals.

Yep that's what it is, the 8230. School starts about a month from now and I have an hour between 2 different classes :fume: so I'll need something to do. An hour isn't long enough/worth it to drive home and loose my parking spot but it's a long time when there's nothing to do. I guess with a decent camera/internet I can take pics of hot chicks and put them in the hot women thread? :jester:

I used to. I LOVED it when it was Cingular, I had very cheap bills (with military discount) great service and never had problems. Then they were bought by AT&T, and after a while it seemed like I was calling them every other month about my bill being high due to data charges I didn't use and text charges with an unlimited texting plan. It wasn't bad and they fixed the bills most of the time but I got tired of it. Plus a base I go to in California doesn't get AT&T reception. Ft Knox seems to be hit or miss with AT&T's. But they do have nice phones.

I guess they sent it overnight, should be here before 3PM.