1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry Pearl Flip

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by LMSeven, Jul 19, 2009.

1. LMSeven

LMSeven Μολών λαβέ

In early August I'm eligible to upgrade my phone with Verizon.

Regular blackberry's are too fat/wide..I don't want one in my pocket and I'm not a fan of phone clips. I was thinking a flip Blackberry would be perfect, it has VZ navigator, other smart phone stuff, but it's compact and flips. I read all the reviews on Verizon's site and mostly saw minor complaints of battery life. Anybody have one?

Also have a question for other Verizon ppl. At this point it's been 1 yr into my contract, so it's promo pricing..which I understand to be 2yr contract price + $70. If you have a regular blackberry (pearl, curve, etc), what did it cost with the 2yr contract? VW.com is giving a whatever price - "online discount", but I don't remember the store price being that high...IIRC the 2yr store prices were what the final online prices were...probably a sales scheme.

:thumbs:

2. svensk

svensk TMC's official Zombie Slayer

Get a windows mobile device like a HTC touch pro. You can hack the shit out of them.:thumbs:
    blackberrys are locked down tighter then your torque converter!

3. Cashezo

Cashezo Guest

I had a Blackberry Pearl (non-flip) 2-3 years ago and it was a solid phone. Great battery life and took lots of abuse. IMO go with the non-flip.

[​IMG]

4. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

I am looking at the Blackberry Pearl on my account and I can get it today for $79.99 But I think I get me new ever 2 discount in January of 2010...

5. dietz4ibanez

They need to make more phones with the push to talk feature... I only have a couple people that I know that has it!

6. Cashezo

Cashezo Guest

What?
    :lol:

7. dietz4ibanez

:Fixed: man there is a lot of turbulence up here! :lol:

With Verizon you get a new phone every 2 years.. A lot of phones are free or discounted on this program...

8. Cashezo

Cashezo Guest

Better shut down your electronics when the plane makes a landing :lol:

I've had the Pearl and the Curve. I liked the Curve much better as it was easier to text (full keyboard.) Take a look at that too.

9. dietz4ibanez

Yeah I had the voyager... But currently have the G'z ONE Boulder and I love it... I have push to talk and have put that phone under water many times! I even took a picture of some kid under water when our family went to the pool!

10. Cashezo

Cashezo Guest

Is it made to withstand being under water or did you just get lucky? :lol: