1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best budget laptop?

Discussion in 'Internet & Computers' started by ScottyBoy, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

You weren't poking at me. I was doing a +1 to the video editing being slow on a laptop. "Wrong tool for the job, so to speak."

The rest of what I said was about shopping for cheap laptops. I tend to shop at higher price points so I'm not replacin' shit every year or two. :lol:

2. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

Any manufacturers or brands that I should avoid? :dunno:
    Any thoughts on the Google Chromebook? I had read awesome reviews on it, and also some HORRIBLE reviews as well.

3. Darkanion

I don't have any personal experience with Chromebooks. From what I've read, though, they use mostly web-apps. So, if you're not online, their functionality can be very limited. I have "heard" that they are designing more apps to run locally (not requiring you be online for them to even open/run). But, I'm not sure which ones or what functions those apps perform. :dunno:

*I* would only consider a Chromebook if I was only going to use it for email and surfing the web. With them not being Windows compatible, the offline apps I would want to use on a laptop wouldn't run on them.

4. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

Not windows compatible? Eff that. I must have missed that part. That's a deal breaker for me. I want a laptop, not a damn tablet with a keyboard. And it sounds like the Chromebook is basically that.

5. Darkanion

Yeah, Chromebook = ChromeOS, which is basically a glorified web browser with "web apps."