Aux Fuse Block + Relay question

GatorFan

You think I Shiv a Get?!!!?
Reaction score
Is there going to be an issue :skull: with hooking a 40 AMP relay (via a 40 Amp auto-reset circuit breaker) to a 20 Amp feed from my Painless Wiring "Cirkit Boss" Aux Fuse Block? I plan on using that 20 Amp (constant hot) connection instead of running a wire from the battery (to the circuit breaker then to the relay) to power my electric window project.

This is my aux fuse block I already installed in my truck and I had 2 constant hot circuits available.
CirKit Boss 70107

Thanks fellas! :thumbs:

Draenor

KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
Reaction score
As long as the current draw isn't more than 20A.

Sent from my overly sofisticated electronic device.

daddy

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

In which case the 20A fuse will pop long before the 40A breaker does you any good whatsoever.

Nice to see you around! :thumbs:

Now, stick around! :tmc:

Zembonez

живи свободно или умри
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. As long as your project isn't drawing more than the 20 amps you are golden. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

GatorFan

Reaction score

In which case the 20A fuse will pop long before the 40A breaker does you any good whatsoever.

Nice to see you around! :thumbs:

Now, stick around! :tmc:

Affirmative sir I will remain until they kick me out and then I'll go down fightin' :gunguy:!

BTW, thanks for the info. I will be tackling this beast of a project soon (thanks for all the info ScottyBoy:thumbs:).

But first I am tasked with replacing the shocks, struts and brakes, and doing a 4 wheel alignment, and rotating/balancing the tires, and finally changing the oil in the wife's chariot!

I will take TONS of pics once I start my power window/mirror project.

Draenor

KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
Reaction score
I had to re-read this. The power window kit has the 40A relay/breaker? If this is the case, the motors (if both used at the same time) will consume more than your 20A capability on your fuse block.

GatorFan

Reaction score
I had to re-read this. The power window kit has the 40A relay/breaker? If this is the case, the motors (if both used at the same time) will consume more than your 20A capability on your fuse block.

It's not a power window kit. It's all factory stuff from a 2001 GMC SLE (door panels, switches, mirrors, door wiring harnesses, etc...). I just ordered new power window regulators and ordered a relay and auto-reset circuit breaker after lengthy discussions with another member here. I wasn't sure what the draw was on the factory regulator motors but he told that when he rolled up both windows at the same time, it popped his 30 Amp fusible link. I rarely will have both windows down BUT if I do, I didn't want to run the risk of the same thing happening so that is why I opted for what he did and purchased the auto-reset circuit breaker. BUT, if it would be too much for that 20 Amp circuit in my aux fuse block, I will just power the windows from my battery instead of the aux fuse block.

I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before I tear everything down and start running the wiring.

Thanks

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira
Back