Automatic Windshield Wiper Delete??

mfennema

Boilermaker Through and Through
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it have been too much to ask to make the first setting on the turn signal stalk be rainsense, and the rest of the settings be the normal delay settings? Seems too logical.

The_Chupacabra

Don't worry, I only drink goat blood...
Reaction score
Well they wouldnt be able to make the sensitivity work, though yours doesn't work anyways...

mfennema

Reaction score
I see what you mean about the sensitivity part. They could have put in a separate switch or selector (like the interior lights) for that I guess. Oh well. Mine will be fixed soon enough.

Darkanion

The space intentionally left blank.
Reaction score
I've read a few things claiming that removing the sensor, cleaning everything up good, and reapplying the sensor using the GM adhesive (I haven't seen a part # for it, sorry) has helped some folks with RainSense problems.. :dunno:

mfennema

Reaction score
I read one thing that said that any type of glass film (i.e. Rain-X) can mess up the sensor too. Any thoughts on this? I havent' applied Rain-X for a long time, but I know that I did at least once in the past.

The_Chupacabra

Don't worry, I only drink goat blood...
Reaction score
I read one thing that said that any type of glass film (i.e. Rain-X) can mess up the sensor too. Any thoughts on this? I havent' applied Rain-X for a long time, but I know that I did at least once in the past.

I have put the Adam's glass treatment on and there was no problem with that.

Texas Jim

Texas..It's a Whole 'nuther Country
Reaction score
Every great once in a while... mine are going faster than conditions warrant....
Usually if I just turn the wipers completely off for a few seconds... than back to the lowest setting... it then works OK...
Or sometimes turn it to the HIGHEST setting, all the way PAST the RainSense settings, for a few seconds, then back to the lowest setting also works...

mfennema

Reaction score
Sometimes this has worked for me too, but sometimes it does not....and then when I have to do it multiple times in the same trip it really annoys me.

Texas Jim

Texas..It's a Whole 'nuther Country
Reaction score
This is just an idea... I don't know if it will help or not...

Since you did put RainX on it in the past... you might try some vinegar or a real good window cleaner and clean just the area in front of the Sensor...
Get it to where the water does NOT BEAD UP in front of the sensor... if the drops make a sheeting action in front of it, that may be better than individual droplets...

I will look at mine the next time I am driving in the rain... see what the drops look like...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira
Back