1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody do their own power washing?

Discussion in 'House & Home' started by dietz4ibanez, Mar 19, 2016.

1. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Slowly going the way of the Buffalo

Please don't hate but I probably should have shared this a long time ago. Feel free to share your methods if you desire. Many years ago, my buddies Dad owned a power washing company and often used ladders to get those hard to reach places. Several times a year he would fall off a ladder sometimes breaking bones keeping him from work. He was able to patent a tool that allows you to power wash your house without leaving the ground. The Xjet tip that works with just about any power washer using the appropriate proportioner(depending on psi/gpm of your pressure washer) utilizes the ability to suction chemical wash that you can get from any power washing distributor or household mix(bleach & dish washing soap). You can mix in a 5 gallon bucket if you desire and this Xjet unit will project an adjustable jet 30'+ depending on your power washer. When you distribute the wash onto your house you go back and rinse it off and you are done. There are occasions where I've had to use an extended brush on the black stains on gutters but very seldom.

Now, my buddy's Dad sold the rights to xjet when he retired and his son now runs the power wash business. But Exteriors uses the product as do I and it's convenient to be able to offer power washing services to my customers that ask me to. I have made my money back off of this unit at least a 100 times. Sometimes you can make your money back in the first house you wash. That alone in my mind makes the product worth while even if you would just use it for your own house. I've used it on mine 4-5 times already.

Every time I've used it, the bleach/dish soap has always left my house looking new, windows streak clean and my gutters/fascia looking white! The bleach/soap mixture that I buy from the store is a little stronger. It cost almost $30 the first time and $18 to refill the 5 gallon jug. I can wash 2 1500sq ft houses with 5 gallons and still have a little left over. But like I mentioned before, you can always use bleach/soap from home.

I have the original xjet tip and the brand new m5.

Here is the link for the Xjet, I hope it could be useful to someone who washes their own home to make it a little easier for them.

M5 X-JET KIT - XJET

2. dietz4ibanez

Oh, can someone fix the title to say Their instead of there. Thanks

3. PenguinLTZ

PenguinLTZ Administrator Staff Member

I like it! I have a Honda/CAT machine that would love it

4. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

Aren't you a landscaping guy? :lol:

Does look like a good product, though.l I just have a cheap electric one, but it does a decent enough job for me, most of the time.

5. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

I don't want to take any business away from you on the pressure washing but I found a product that took care annual of my pressure washing.

It is called Wet & Forget. This stuff works great. Takes some time like 8 months but when I put it on my pool fence and shed, that were covered in green mold last August, they are now nice and white. I plan on putting more on this spring. You just follow the directions and spray it on and let it go. Super easy to use. The $24 I paid for a half gallon covered my garage, shed, pool fence and part of our brick patio.

6. txab

txab Don't get stuck on stupid!

Wet and Forget is the da bomb! Works great and not harmful to the environment.

7. dietz4ibanez

I have a bottle of Wet and forget and it's been sitting on the shelf for over a year. I bought it for my roof but I'm a "Land" scaper, I don't do roofs... Ha ha

I'd imagine for a one story house wet and forget would be the bomb but I have 20'+ peaks on my one story so the tip I use is a requirement so I don't have to leave the ground! :lol:

BTW, no money taken from me!

8. dietz4ibanez

Yes, but we have a lot of commercial properties and power washing always comes up!

The best part about it is you can power wash commercial properties at night!

We did a dunkin donuts last week!

9. 308nato

308nato I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

Once a year I power wash my drive way and side walks as they
    start to turn black cause it's so humid here in the summer.