1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adam's Glass Sealant

Discussion in 'Bulldog Car Care featuring Adam's Polishes' started by Bigredmariner, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Bigredmariner

Bigredmariner I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

It was raining buckets last night on my way to work! I had treated my windshield with Adam's Glass Sealant on Saturday, I was impressed and had to get the phone out and take a video.

Water was pooling in the road so we were only going 40mph but you can see how well the water shed off at that low a speed. At 70-75 it was even clearer. :lol:

[BUCKET]http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/bigredmariner/Mobile%20Uploads/VIDEO0024.mp4[/BUCKET]

2. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

How big a bottle does that stuff come in?

Nothing like not having to use the wipers. :)

3. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy No, that's not a banana in my pants.

The video isn't working on my phone. :(

How does it compare to Rain X? I used that all the time and it works pretty damn good. It just doesn't last very long. I have to apply it at least once a month, sometimes a week or two if its been raining heavily.

4. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

I put Rainx on for the first time a few months ago and I'm not sure I like it. :dunno:

Maybe if it'd rain real hard for once I'd get the chance to test it out :lol:

5. Bigredmariner

The stuff comes in a 4 ounce bottle and is $20. Yes it's pricey in my opinion.

Does it work as good or better than Rain-X, well it is just as effective at shedding water. I should do a side by side some time to actually test it out. But my gut says it's about the same as Rain-X.

Would I chunk out a bottle of Rain-X for the Adam's Glass Sealant? Hell no, but if I was out and needed to buy some I would probably give the Adam's stuff a try.

My opinion, which is not supported nor endorsed by Adam's Polishes Inc. :lol:

6. Bigredmariner

For any of these glass sealant products to work correctly, the windows have to be completely cleaned before applying the sealant. The glass has to be dry as well or it will smudge and streak and look like shit. :lol:

Trust me, I was traveling through Florida and got caught in a rain store. Pulled over and started trying to apply Rain-X, I would have been better off spraying WD-40 on the glass. :D

7. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Yep, they have rain stores all over the place down there, especially in the afternoon.:lol:

8. Bigredmariner

:lol: Storm.

9. Nick The Great

Nick The Great The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi

Oh I know, our windows were cleaned. We had just washed and waxed the vehicles.

Just something about all those fwonking beads of water on my windshield drove me nuts. It seemed like a wiper wiping them off would have provided a cleaner view of the world. :dunno:

I suppose it has its time and place. Maybe in a real heavy rain or something :cheers:

10. Kennyray

Kennyray No Whiners, Violaters will be bitched slapped.

I use the Rain-X washer fluid. It applies itself and works great.