1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

31 Ford

Discussion in 'OTHER VEHICLES' started by kennythewelder, Jul 4, 2019.

1. kennythewelder

kennythewelder B31-3 (6 G ) certified

Resized_20190701_112013.jpg Resized_20190701_112022.jpg This showed up at our shop Tuesday July 2ed. Well me being me, I had to find out who it was for, so I opened up the main door, and 2 guys were standing there. An old man, well into his 80s, and another guy in his 50s. So I look at the 50ish guy and say, is that your 32. The old man well , into His 80s says, its mine, and its a 31. Its has AC, power windows, locks, ECT. I said oh vintage air, He said yes, you know about that. I said yes sir, the white 97, with the black strips is mine. He said, oh your truck looks good. I said, can I get a look inside your 31. He was happy to show it off. He said it took him 20 years to build it. just not big on the purple. Inside could have been nicer, but all in all a nice 31. Engine is a 350 Chevy.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    308nato likes this.
  2. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

:thumbs:

I deleted my post in the other thread. :cheers:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    kennythewelder likes this.
  3. gerryride

gerryride I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!

That looks cool! Crazy idea about painting it purple, his wife must love that color.

4. 308nato

308nato I'm NEW... What now?

Looks good.
    Many years ago I had a 36 ford pickup with a 307 chevy, auto trans, also ac ,power windows and a Cadillac tilt wheel column
    and a Mustang rack and pinion steering

5. Shaggy

Shaggy You like in the what?? Staff Member

What kind of shop do you work at. Was thinking it was a paint shop and he wanted you to repaint the crazy purple. :confused:

6. kennythewelder

Rite!!!!. I am a welder at a machine shop. We do not do automotive machine work, but we do work on all kind of equeptment. It is the oldest machine shop in the county (parish in our case). We do a lot of repair work, and have 4 bearing presses. One of them was used years ago to press train trucks (axels). Its a 650 ton press. I do a lot of build up welding that is machined back to spec on mostly oilfield service parts. Lots of monel, inconel, stainless, different steels, aluminum, ect, mostly TIG welding. There is not much we can not do. We also build just about anything from donut glazers ( the machine that puts the frosting on donuts,,yum) to fixing 18 wheeler trailers. We are a small shop. 2 welders, 5 machinist, and about 6 other people for support including the owner. Being a small shop, we all do all kind of work. I was milling some graphite plugs ( on a manual lath this morning) that I need for some inconel plates Im working on. I can also operate any of our 4 presses. The owner does give us full access to the shop on our off time. Best boss I ever had.

308nato likes this.
  7. kennythewelder

Oh I forgot to mention, the old guy with the 31 wanted a stainless part welded for His 31. It was a small easy job.

308nato likes this.