1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 TMC NASCAR Picks : Kobalt Tools 500 (Atlanta - March 7th, 2010)

Discussion in '2010 NASCAR Picks' started by Darkanion, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

Yeah, he still gets to race and get scored.

Personally, I don't think this would've been such a big deal if Brad hadn't gone airborne.. they would've called Carl to the trailer after the race and that would've been that. Since Brad went airborne, they "had" to do "something." I think the punishment fits the crime, based on NASCAR saying "have at it, boys" at the beginning of the season.. :dunno:

2. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

I agree.

3. Black02Silverado

Black02Silverado Sponsor

Do I know my sh*t or do I know my sh*t? Second place baby!!!!:thumbs:

OK beginners luck. :lol:

4. Zembonez

COOL!

I sucked last weekend.

MULLIGAN!

5. RedRider

RedRider LIFETIME SUPPORTER

I think they're sending a bad message.
    A guy who's 100 laps down takes out a top 10 car and only get's probation???
    The car going airborne was unfortunate, but if all he did was spin out and ended the race one place in front of Jr., it still seems a little heavy handed to me.

6. Zembonez

If Earnhardt was alive and he did it... NASCAR would have looked the other way. They have a history of snuggling up to the popular drivers...

7. RebelThunder

RebelThunder Speak English or GTFO

I'm running out of those already :uhoh:

8. RedRider

RedRider LIFETIME SUPPORTER

Years ago, at a race at Bristol, Earnhardt was three laps down. In the second half of the race, he got his laps back by passing the leader and with the aid of yellow flags. On the last lap, he went in the 1st corner hard, took out leader Terry LaBonte and won the race.
    That to me is "Letting them Race" and is probably the best race I've ever watched.
    What Carl did can't be compared to that. I don't think Carl should have been suspended, but a fine or loosing points wouldn't have been out of the question.
    Going to be an interesting season if they stay consistent with this decision.

9. Darkanion

Darkanion The space intentionally left blank.

A guy who was previously intentionally wrecked by another guy has another incident with the guy who wrecked him... NASCAR has previously told the drivers "have at it. You guys police yourselves (within reason)." Guy one gets his car going again and knocks guy two out of the race.. NASCAR gets TONS (and I do mean TONS) of free publicity about this.. NASCAR's ratings have been down the last couple of years.. They get free publicity, showing that it's not the pansy-ass, meddlesome b/s of their recent past...

IMO, penalizing Carl would have just proven to everyone that NASCAR was still the same and the people who hadn't tuned in recently would make sure to continue to not tune in... If they tell Carl "hey, watch it for the next few races, but go race" that sends a different message and maybe some viewers who hadn't tuned in in a while tune in for a race or two to see if this "new" NASCAR is more fun than they remembered it being...

Like I said... That's just my opinion... :cheers: