1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 GMC Sierra radio wiring diagram & install questions

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Jackson, May 16, 2010.

1. Jackson

Jackson BMFJ

Hey guys. looked on http://www.the12volt.com that was suggested on a search here but they only had it for a 2007 and in that thread someone said it was for the classic. can't seem to find one anywhere online but I'm sure I'm not looking hard enough.

anyway, just looking for a speaker wire that I can tie into to hookup a lo-level converter for some subs. gonna wait on the double din aftermarket for now and just go with stock. also, if anyone has a good suggestion for a 12v switch wire to tap into as well as firewall place. that would be extremely helpful. thanks in advance.

2. Jackson

Jackson BMFJ

^^bump^^

3. Jackson

Jackson BMFJ

found the info on GMFullsize.com should have went there first I guess. :pfingers::D2......kidding

seriously, here is a good thread on all of my questions except the 12v switch wire which it looks like doesn't exist on the radio wiring harnesses on NNBS trucks. I'll find one under the hood though so that's no biggie.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139028

I found all the wiring harness info from here. just sign up for an account and there is a ton of great info.

http://techservices.audiovox.com/TechnicalIndex.aspx

4. CJ Hungus

CJ Hungus Moderator

Where the hell is scottyboy or incognitoltz... they are system installer wizards... :dunno:

5. Zembonez

Zembonez живи свободно или умри

I agree. I'm no help on specific installation stuff myself.

Thanks for the link Blake.

6. Jackson

Jackson BMFJ

probably going to start on this Saturday so if they could add anything this may be a good sticky thread?

the biggest thing is just wanted to verify there was no 12v switch wire in the factory radio harness.

7. mfennema

mfennema Boilermaker Through and Through

From what I have seen before, there is no 12V switched source on the radio. If you are looking for a source with RAP, there is a junction block behind the brake pedal. In that junction block there is a teal green (at least it is teal on my 07) connector and in that connector is a yellow wire. This wire has RAP power. You can use this to switch a relay or maybe use it for turning on and off the amp, but I am not sure how much power the amp pulls and I don't know what that wire actually goes to, so I would be careful doing that. I used this wire to activate a relay that I had connected to an extra cigarette ligther so that I could power on and off my Sirius radio, so I know it works. Good luck!

8. Jackson

Jackson BMFJ

awesome. it's a 500w amp. do you think that's too much for just a switch wire? that will be a good spot as I'm going to run my 4 gauge power wire through that area to get through the fire wall through the boot.

thanks for your help man

9. mfennema

mfennema Boilermaker Through and Through

I'm not really sure. It depends what you amp needs to be switched on and off. I don't believe that really has anything to do with the size of the amp. You could always just switch a relay and for the constant power to the relay use power from a cigarette lighter. This way the relay would be switching on and off that constant power from the cigarette lighter to the amp.

In my amp install however, I used a PAC AOEM GM1416 adapter. It plugged right in line with the stock head unit (not sure which head unit you're using) and it gave me the signal outs that I needed and the power wire to switch the amp on and off. Be careful though if you go this route, the front left channel will be the channel that carries the door chimes and such and they will be really really loud (this is what I have heard anyways).

Either of these two ways should work.

10. Jackson

Jackson BMFJ