1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Gmc Sierra Battery - Radio Issue

Discussion in 'Mechanic's Corner' started by miramballer, Jun 14, 2011.

1. miramballer

miramballer I'm NEW... What now?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldnt find anything.

I have a NNBS 2008 GMC Sierra. My truck was having issues with starting last week. Long story short, I changed the abttery with a duralast from AutoZone on Friday. Truck had been starting fine ever since. Then yesterday at lunch time, I start my truck, and the radio is completely off. No Clock,no radio, no signal chimes, nothing. Idrive to the bank, get back into the truck, start it up and eveything is working fine, except the clock and date was reset.

Now eveytime I start up the truck, the radio clock and date are reset, even after I set them.

Any ideas on what this issue can be?

2. NMRam

NMRam Still Here Because I'm Not There

It sounds like a grounding issue to me. Make sure your negative terminal is good and tight with no corrosion or buildup inside the connector.

3. daddy

daddy Administrator

Good to see you around, Stephen.

Can't say I have any idea better than Wayne's but the rest of the guys will chime in soon, I'm sure!

Good luck and come back and hang out more often!

4. 700 sportsman

700 sportsman "That motor runs gooder than hell !"

There have been several issues with this, one being a bad ground connection or plates in the battery becoming corroded, the mega fuse arcing, an bad connections at the battery (the crimp on terminals) my dad was having similar intermittent issues and sometimes he would have to manually open the doors an open the hood and just touch the battery and things would "come back to life". We have since replaced the ground terminal with a soldered one, and added solder to the positive one for good measures as well as cleaning all the ground harness points and things have been well for a couple months.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to through out all the options

5. miramballer

miramballer I'm NEW... What now?

Good to be back around here :)

As for the terminals they are both very tight to the battery with absolutley no corrosion.

The crimps were just replaced with new ones by me.

Still having the problem and cant seem to find what the issue is :dunno:

6. Texas Jim

Texas Jim Texas..It's a Whole 'nuther Country

Check the cables on the "OTHER" ends...
    Where the positive one goes to the starter and the negative one is bolted to the truck..