2006 Silverado

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
WASSUPPPP.

Been a LONG time since i've been on here. Have not done much forum stuff past couple of years... mainly facebook and that sorts of thing.

Picked up a newer to me truck... sold the 97 and got an 06 Z71.

Figured I'd share some pics... and have a nice little thread to kind of keep track of what I have done and will be doing.

The day my buddy picked it up for me.

The night I got it home... I went to town detailing it and fixing things that the previous old man thought were good ideas.... this took the cake. $10 bezel at advance auto... nope gonna run screws through it. :chipper: Swapped the newer 18's off my 97 and put the 17s on the 97.

Fixed...

Removed the bug deflector.. had a bunch of scum and build up... it literally wiped off. I think it was original to the truck... the paint underneath was FLAWLESS. no chips.. nothing. ( Which is perfect lol )

The next day after being tagged.. drove it over to Mecum Auction for work

Had a rattle in the door... ended up being a lose regulator bolt. Also discovered it had kicker speakers in front doors... rear speakers were stock and blown.

After the weekend of work... I got new speakers delivered and installed in the back doors...

New headlights and HID's from retrosolutions.

Installed LED DRL's as well.

LED interior lights

Truck had the original shocks on it... so it was time to go. Put 4 new KYB's on it... love them.

Next up were the faded moldings... took a chance of the truck ever being repaired or paint damage... underneath was a nice surprise. NO FADING or Damage... was super happy.

Girlfriend surprised me with early surprise tint for my birthday.

Added yours truely...

Nick The Great

The lead sled dog is the only one with a decent vi
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy shit dude! In what time period did you do all this? :lol:

Looks like it was a nice truck to begin with, but very nice now :cool:

PenguinLTZ

I'm too LAZY to Choose a Custom Title!!!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, welcome back. Love those 06s. Looks great man

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
Holy shit dude! In what time period did you do all this? :lol:

Looks like it was a nice truck to begin with, but very nice now :cool:

I officially purchased it Jan 11th..... LOL.

I have been busy on it. Also changed plugs... wires... ac belt.. tensioner... and changed the diff fluid and cover. Hahahahah.

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
Nice job! :thumbs:

Little by little small changes make a huge difference.

What is the mileage on it?

157K.

I could not pass up the deal.. I have been looking for a clean one for a while... and this one just plopped into my hands.. buddy of mine that flips cars found it on craigslist... was there within minutes and the dudes phone was smokin! lol.

$8500... I cant hate. No wrecks... paint is in amazing shape.. was kept under a tree and garage. Nada is 14800.... real value at dealers and stuff they are going for 12-13K around here.

Alljackedup408

Shut Up Stupid
Reaction score
I had been looking for almost a year.... it was driving me insane. When the ones I wanted popped up... they would be sold before I could get there.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoraCate9
Back