1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1981 Chevy k10 performance mods (suspension geometry and gearing questions)

Discussion in 'High Performance Mods' started by 81bluedream, Feb 12, 2018.

1. 81bluedream

81bluedream I'm NEW... What now?

Hello all, let me start by saying this is by no means the fastest or the coolest build around. Just a truck I enjoy improving upon when my pockets allow. This is my first truck and all work done to it has been self learned and self taught, the truck was bone stock when I got it. I bought it at 15 and have worked on it for the past 2 years. I built a stock bottom end goodwrench 350(4 bolt main, steel crank and rods, cast pistons) with a comp 280h cam and 882 heads that were decked by yows automotive, and rebuilt with comp valvesprings, gm swirl polished 1.94/1.50 valves, and roller rockers my grandfather left behind (believe comp 1.5). Basically I built the engine based on funds, but it is a 4 bolt main with headstuds ready for the 250 shot I throw at it. Transmission is a 700r4 2500 stall with a corvette servo and a shift kit and the rear end is a 12 bolt posi 3.73 with 285/75r16s. Now that I have it running and driving I decided I want to do something slightly different with it. I want to keep it about the same ride height, and use a triangulated 4 link setup in the rear to improve traction and possibly cut some weight. I have a bunch of questions about a setup like this. Such as how to determine anti squat properly, what software should I use for my measurements, where should my ic be, am I getting in over my head? Gear ratio? What would be the best setup to run to make it hook harder and ride better? Here's a video of the ol girl running. Thanks anyone and everyone for your time. //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a82645d22628/Snapchat-819411494.mp4

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

:welcome: