1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09 Ram fuel issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions?' started by kennythewelder, Feb 18, 2020.

1. kennythewelder

kennythewelder B31-3 (6 G ) certified

So my son calls me after work. He is stuck @ tractor supply. His truck (a 2008 Ram with a 4.7L V8) wont start. I bring some srarting fluid and gas. It almost wants to start, but not starting. Maybe starving for fuel, IDK. I got it to start and run on starting fluid, but only as long as I am spraying starting fluid in the intake air supply tube on top of the throttle body cover box. So I figure its not getting gas, but I tried the shraider valve, and gas sprayed out. Im going to do a fuel pressure test tomorrow. How much of a bitch is it to replace the fuel pump. I know I will need to drop the tank. I have done my old 97 Silverado several times.

2. OldCracker29

OldCracker29 I've been knocked down drug out and left for dead

I wouldn't think that it'd be any different changing the fuel pump on his than it would be changing one on yours. :dunno:
    They're all pretty self explanatory.

kennythewelder likes this.
  3. kennythewelder

Kind of what I think too, just figured Id ask. You know how it is, sometimes, theres something weird from one model truck to another. Like IDK that Ram has the F P regulator in with the fuel pump.

4. drperry

drperry Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Did it build pressure back up after you released it? It might be injectors.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

5. kennythewelder

Yes. My wife got it to start today. Im guna do a pressure test tonight. Also the CEL is on, so Im guna have it read too. I post results.

6. kennythewelder

Well, took it to autozone. Fuel pressure 60 PSI. CEL, 02 sensor, bank 2. All checks out good. Trucks running fine. I D K,,, WTF was wrong last night. Had the CEL cleared. We will see if it comes back.

OldCracker29 likes this.