Go to top #41 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2015, 09:41 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Except for mechanical injection diesels...

It's fun on a dyno, but I couldn't live with myself doing that shit on the street, lol.

I once built a B series Cummins for a Bristol Bay fishing boat that I dyno'd around 400 HP, and with the lights out in the dyno room the turbo housing was "transparent" enough when glowing red, that you could make out the exhaust turbine spinning inside when you back off the throttle. It was the coolest thing

Even that hot rod engine would only black smoke when you would hit it with load, and only for a split second.

It was part of our tuning process to watch for smoke. Some engines would smoke more than others, when picking up a heavy load, but it certainly was not ever desirable.

Engine life is really calculated by gallons of fuel burned; not mileage, or hours. Those high horsepower diesels I have built, or sold to customers easily had half the lifespan of a lower horsepower engine from the factory. Coal rolling pick-up truck engines are no different. You should see what the top of a piston looks like on an over-fueled diesel engine. It is not pretty, but hey, he got to smoke out everybody at the intersection.

Go to top #42 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vehicles
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Well, it can be tuned on the mechanical ones... But at least on a 12 valve 5.9 people are too lazy to grind the fuel plate properly.

That little puff is all there should ever be, when not in a show environment.

We all know it's bad for everything when a truck is vomiting black everywhere, and makes for a very shiny engine after it washes the cylinders out... I know a guy who used to roll coal... Stick shift 5.9 common rail... He'd start in 3rd or 4th at a stop light... Right up until he pooched his engine... He was running a smoke tune to begin with and then did that shit. I laughed when he told me his engine was done!

Coal rolling should only ever be a show piece for tracks/dynos if someone wants to do it, never on the streets.
  Go to top #43 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2015, 10:21 AM
I hate black wheels...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm not so old or out of touch that I don't "get" why people roll coal... I know some people get off to it. I just hate the douchebags that do it at every intersection thinking it somehow makes people think they are a badass...

A little class solves most problems.

Go to top #44 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2015, 10:22 AM
The space intentionally left blank.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
A well placed piece of lead solves most problems.
Fixed that for you.
  Go to top #45 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vehicles
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I gave someone a love tap with my old S10 because of that... No witnesses because nobody could see shit
  Go to top #46 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:05 PM
You like in the what??

Vehicles
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick The Great View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Its stupid how they want us to stop modding OUR cars. They don't own them anymore, why should they have right on what we do with them?
Well the average American doesn't own their car either. But I see what you're saying
True, the banks do, but the makers don't own them anymore.

Click the image to open in full size.
Dodge Ram Forum | Jeep Forum | Chevy Tahoe Forum | Land Rover Forum | Chevy Cobalt Forum | GM Truck Forum
Corvette Forum | LX Forum | Nissan Titan Forum | Scion xD Forum | '88 - '98 GM Truck Forum | Chevy Camaro Forum
Ford Raptor Forum | Scion xB Forum | Scion TC Forum | Mazda Rx7 Forum | Chevy Equinox Forum | Ford Expedition Forum
Truck Mod Forum | Viper Car Forum | Chevy Tahoe Forum | Jeep Liberty Forum | '73 - '87 GM Truck Forum | Ford Truck Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum | Land Rover Forum | Dodge Dart Forum | Scion FR-S Forum | Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum | Dodge SRT Forum
Regional Forums -- Dallas Fort Worth Mustang Forum | Indiana Truck Forum | South East Mopar Forum | Oklahoma Ram Forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons Forum | ATV Forum | Classic Rock Forum | Offtopic Forum

Go to top #47 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2016, 02:07 AM
I'm NEW... What now?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You should always have a vehicle that doesn't require any electronic devices other than a battery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samsung galaxy j5 case

Last edited by Cornelius; 01-19-2016 at 09:59 PM.