Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central Bulldog Care Care featuring Adams Polishes

Go Back   Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central > LET'S TALK TRUCKS! > TMC TRUCK & SUV > Diesel Trucks!

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Diesel Trucks!

Random Diesel Ramblings-Post Them Here!

This is a discussion on Random Diesel Ramblings-Post Them Here! within the Diesel Trucks! forums, part of the TMC TRUCK & SUV category!
Not sure if it would be the same for your trucks but I have a Scan Gauge II and it ...

It's here... a new section for oil burners.

User Tag List

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  Go to top #31 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not sure if it would be the same for your trucks but I have a Scan Gauge II and it lets me know when I'm in regen. Matter of fact, I can watch my soot grams. It starts at 3 and when it gets up to 21 grams it goes into regen. It is a cool little tool to have. I was on my way home and it went into regen and was down to 9grams and when I got into the driveway. I sat there in park with the rpms at 2k until it went down to 3 and stopped. Needless to say I sat outside the garage but the door was open and when I backed into the garage and got out I could smell it inside the garage.

1 RGN is in regen, 2 RGN is complete and 0 RGN is not in regen. 19 STM is 19 grams of soot.

Click the image to open in full size.
geektoad likes this.

Last edited by Black02Silverado; 01-03-2017 at 08:32 PM.
  Go to top #32 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

Vehicles
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinLTZ View Post
Man, now I am all worked up and thinking about just deleting it all LOL

Reading through this I was wondering if any of you had thought about just deleting it. I have been chatting with Justin about diesels. We both have looking at the 910lbft of the 17s and have one on our want list.

He said he would delete it in the first week.

"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
  Go to top #33 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 12:37 AM
Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vehicles
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nova View Post
Quote:

Reading through this I was wondering if any of you had thought about just deleting it. I have been chatting with Justin about diesels. We both have looking at the 910lbft of the 17s and have one on our want list.

No question about it... As soon as possible, delete it, lol. The L5P will match my tuned torque, while it's stock, lol.

On any diesel... Delete if possible. It'll last longer, and have far less issues.
  Go to top #34 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 01:39 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I will start looking into it. I want the simplest, cleanest and most complete solution there is with the possibility of going back stock if I want to

Go to top #35 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Doctor Bob - Fastest Doctor Around

Vehicles
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Quote:
Quote:

No question about it... As soon as possible, delete it, lol. The L5P will match my tuned torque, while it's stock, lol.

On any diesel... Delete if possible. It'll last longer, and have far less issues.

I'm definitely going to follow this thread. I'm have quite a bit of diesel experience, but all pre 2007. I have never dealt with def.

I assume the main reason not to remove is warranty?

"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content until he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
  Go to top #36 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:28 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Quote:

I'm definitely going to follow this thread. I'm have quite a bit of diesel experience, but all pre 2007. I have never dealt with def.

That was my reasoning. That, and honestly, the power is adequate, and I have not had a single issue with the emissions. My complaints are only annoyances
66nova likes this.

Go to top #37 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:41 AM
redneck geek

Vehicles
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The warranty and the cost of repairs to this drivetrain is my biggest concern about deleting. But then....if all the warranty work is *because* of the emissions stuff...that's annoying as hell.
66nova likes this.

2016 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Duramax
weathertech | access lorado | du-ha | bilstein 5100 | suspension maxx keys
2012 Deep Blue Metallic Acadia Denali AWD
  Go to top #38 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:49 AM
redneck geek

Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black02Silverado View Post
Not sure if it would be the same for your trucks but I have a Scan Gauge II and it lets me know when I'm in regen. Matter of fact, I can watch my soot grams. It starts at 3 and when it gets up to 21 grams it goes into regen. It is a cool little tool to have. I was on my way home and it went into regen and was down to 9grams and when I got into the driveway. I sat there in park with the rpms at 2k until it went down to 3 and stopped. Needless to say I sat outside the garage but the door was open and when I backed into the garage and got out I could smell it inside the garage.

1 RGN is in regen, 2 RGN is complete and 0 RGN is not in regen. 19 STM is 19 grams of soot.

Our trucks can be read with a tool as well. The DPF is obviously larger, as folks say the regen is at about 44g. There is also a pressure delta reading across the dpf that will indicate regen. If I can figure out a clean way to install it that makes me happy, I'll be looking at watching those, along with about 10 other things on an Edge Insight CTS2.

Go to top #39 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:53 AM
redneck geek

Vehicles
Oh...also update on my truck: They called to say it was "fixed" but they don't know why it happened. I assume this means they just gave up and reset the computers. They said they had one other truck come in with the same issue. It hasn't come back since they "fixed it" but they asked if they could keep my truck for a day or two longer so that the GM regional rep could look at it and pull any data he wanted off it while he was in. This was a couple days ago, so I assume I'll get a call to pick up the truck today.

Go to top #40 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2017, 09:06 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Quote:
Quote:

The 17s have 910 lb/ft? I wonder what they did to the Allison to make it survive?
I would not be opposed to a bit of a tune, if you could put a nanny in to protect the Allison on full throttle downshifts, etc.