Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central Bulldog Care Care featuring Adams Polishes

Go Back   Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central > LET'S TALK TRUCKS! > TMC TRUCK & SUV > Diesel Trucks!

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Diesel Trucks!

Random Diesel Ramblings-Post Them Here!

This is a discussion on Random Diesel Ramblings-Post Them Here! within the Diesel Trucks! forums, part of the TMC TRUCK & SUV category!
Use this thread to post what you did to your diesel today, or just let us know about something you ...

It's here... a new section for oil burners.

User Tag List

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  Go to top #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:37 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Random Diesel Ramblings-Post Them Here!

Use this thread to post what you did to your diesel today, or just let us know about something you saw!

I transferred a couple posts from the "What did you do to your truck today?" thread to get us started. I did not want to occupy that thread with our conversations about fuel filters
drperry likes this.

Last edited by PenguinLTZ; 01-01-2017 at 02:06 PM.
  Go to top #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vehicles
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hurry up and delete. Lol
  Go to top #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:46 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Moved from other thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by geektoad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinLTZ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Please do! Karl, keep me posted on what you find to be the cheapest. See if we can save a few sheckles. I might know a place where we can get a deal on the AirDog, if we buy a couple.
I'm interested in this if you are...
Do any of these systems negate the factory fuel filter? That thing fucking sucks to change. I would love to install one of these and only have to change a spin on under the truck
FASS makes a factory filter delete:

Fass Duramax Fuel Filter Delete | FASSRIDE.COM

I hadn't gotten far enough in planning to think about getting rid of it...I would assume once the lift pump filters are in place, the factory one would last quite a while between changes

Go to top #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:48 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by drperry View Post
The filter definitely lasts longer... It doesn't have to separate water anymore. With the CP4, I'd keep it... Morning filtration is always good. Alternatively, you could get the CAT filter adapter, since you don't need the factory filter as a water separator.
That is fine, I just want to stop removing that fender insert. I didn't clean it up before removing it, and actually tore a piece of it. Hate that filter!

Go to top #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vehicles
Quote:
Quote:
The filter definitely lasts longer... It doesn't have to separate water anymore. With the CP4, I'd keep it... Morning filtration is always good. Alternatively, you could get the CAT filter adapter, since you don't need the factory filter as a water separator.
That is fine, I just want to stop removing that fender insert. I didn't clean it up before removing it, and actually tore a piece of it. Hate that filter!
Never pulled the liner off... Neither had any of the people I've paid to do it, lol. Unless the new style is different.
  Go to top #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:50 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please do! Karl, keep me posted on what you find to be the cheapest. See if we can save a few sheckles. I might know a place where we can get a deal on the AirDog, if we buy a couple.
I'm interested in this if you are...
Do any of these systems negate the factory fuel filter? That thing fucking sucks to change. I would love to install one of these and only have to change a spin on under the truck
FASS makes a factory filter delete:

Fass Duramax Fuel Filter Delete | FASSRIDE.COM

I hadn't gotten far enough in planning to think about getting rid of it...I would assume once the lift pump filters are in place, the factory one would last quite a while between changes
Awesome. I think I will do it. Dennis makes a point, and if the Cat filter can be removed easily, that works too

Go to top #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Never pulled the liner off... Neither had any of the people I've paid to do it, lol. Unless the new style is different.
It must be. The 15-16 vids I see, some of the guys are removing the wheel, too. You would have to remove to much at the top to get it up out of there.

Go to top #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Fox 1! Fox 2! Fox 3!

Vehicles
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It must be. The 15-16 vids I see, some of the guys are removing the wheel, too. You would have to remove to much at the top to get it up out of there.
You're "supposed to" remove the liner on mine, too... It's tight, but going from right underneath works... One guy changed it from up top... Just the air intake tube got removed... But he was sitting up there when he did it, lol
  Go to top #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:55 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
I am going to read up on that some more. The WIF sensor must get relocated

Go to top #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:56 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're "supposed to" remove the liner on mine, too... It's tight, but going from right underneath works... One guy changed it from up top... Just the air intake tube got removed... But he was sitting up there when he did it, lol
From under the engine? Maybe if it was on ramps, I will check that out.