Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central Synthetic Advantage

Go Back   Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central > TMC MARKETPLACE > FREE Classifieds > FOR SALE - Everything Else

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

FOR SALE - Everything Else

PH3387a, PL10111 & L24011 oil filters

This is a discussion on PH3387a, PL10111 & L24011 oil filters within the FOR SALE - Everything Else forums, part of the FREE Classifieds category!
Since the wife passed last year and I got rid of the car, got to get rid a few things ...

Everything Else For Sale - Non Automotive

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  Go to top #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Don't get stuck on stupid!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PH3387a, PL10111 & L24011 oil filters

Since the wife passed last year and I got rid of the car, got to get rid a few things I no longer need. Anyone can use these let's talk.

Got at least 1/2 doz. of the 3387a/10111, iirc These filter #s fit the GM 3.8L for sure

Got 4 of the 24011, iirc

Last edited by txab; 05-17-2016 at 02:53 PM.
  Go to top #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 PM

Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Would like to help out but currently non of the vehicles I change oil on take these filters. Hopefully someone will grab them.

Click the image to open in full size.
  Go to top #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 AM
"Falling feels like flying til you hit the ground."

Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by txab View Post
Since the wife passed last year and I got rid of the car, got to get rid a few things I no longer need. Anyone can use these let's talk.

Got at least 1/2 doz. of the 3387a/10111, iirc These filter #s fit the GM 3.8L for sure

Got 4 of the 24011, iirc
Damn Darral, I did not know that, at least not that I remember. I'm truly sorry to hear of it.

*NRA* *GOA* *NAGR* *SAF*
  Go to top #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2016, 11:11 AM
ADMIN 

Vehicles
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStallion29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by txab View Post

Got 4 of the 24011, iirc
Damn Darral, I did not know that, at least not that I remember. I'm truly sorry to hear of it.
Same here. Sorry if I missed that.

So very sorry to hear of your loss

Go to top #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2016, 04:07 PM

Thanks guys. I don't remember if posted about it or not. Died from aneurysms of the brain at 56. Was kinda numb for a good while. I pretty much run on autopilot nowadays.

have learned much about aneurysms through all of this. Your wife, etc has a higher chance of being affected by an aneurysm than breast cancer, yet they spend almost no money do very little to study why. Have run into lots of people that have been affected and I never knew it till now.

One big sign to pay attention to is if you hear from someone complain, "I've got the worst headache I've ever had" or something similar, consider having this person evaluated. Of course it doesn't guarantee it will be caught in time, in our case a dick ER Doc. didn't thoroughly pass on all her evident symptoms. Dilated pupil. Right eye slightly deviated. Right eyelid drooping. He passed it off as Bells Palsey and wrote "facial drooping" on the notes for the Radiologist to go by when he took a CAT scan of the wife's brain. Nothing about the headache or eye involvement. The only thing that "drooped" was her eyelid. So with the info the Radiologist had he's focusing in on one area of the brain to explain the facial drooping and finds nothing to explain it. So we were sent home, after much arguing by me, with the Bells Palsey diagnosis, which does cause facial drooping, which again she didn't have.

So next day, I get home from work, find her unconscious, on her back, half in bed, half out. Then it's the EMTs to the ER again. Stabilized her. Drilled a hole and inserted a drain line into about the center of the brain to relieve pressure and drain the blood. Next day repaired the aneurysm. She should have recovered well from that incident after a little rehab to strengthen her left arm and leg all was looking well for 16 days, then she suffered a "bleed" in the brain as they called it. It was more in the back of her head where all the important functions of keeping you alive are located, thus the damage was a little larger. It also took so much out of her. The Neurosurgeon continued to try different things to "push her to the next level" to see if she could improve. She just didn't have it in her. It would have taken a few years for her to improve, but who knows to what level for sure. That's not what she wanted, so made the decision to stop further treatment. In many cases people die immediately, so at least she had a chance

So after 35 days in ICU and 6 in Hospice she left this place for something better.

Oh and the original CAT scan done in the ER that "didn't show anything".... the Neurosurgeon showed me the aneurysm on it. That's when I found out all about how the Radiologist could miss it since he was looking for something else in a different part of her brain. The Neuro also showed me the symptoms the ER Doc (dick) relayed to the Rad. and as I mentioned the info about headache and eye involvement are not mentioned. The Neuro was just as pissed as I was about the whole thing.

So life goes on and it is drastically different now. 14 months and counting.

A website that you might visit to learn more info and maybe to donate to also:

http://lisaslegacy7.org/

You may have seen or heard of this woman, Lisa Colagrassi, since she was in television and her story was covered by TV also. She suffered her aneurysm two days before my wife passed. I had the pleasure of meeting her husband and children in Dallas last year as he was beginning the foundation in her name. Some good info at the site to learn from.

Anyway, thanks again guys. Now you know why I've been pretty absent from the place

Last edited by txab; 05-19-2016 at 04:14 PM.
  Go to top #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2016, 08:38 PM

Vehicles
Sorry to hear Darral.

Life isn't a given and we need to make each day count.

Every day I wake up I'm thankful.

Click the image to open in full size.
  Go to top #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2016, 05:50 AM
"Falling feels like flying til you hit the ground."

Vehicles
Again, I'm very sorry. I couldn't imagine what you're going through and what you went through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

*NRA* *GOA* *NAGR* *SAF*
  Go to top #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 PM

Give this thread a one week bump, see if there is anyone that can use these