Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central RockAuto

Go Back   Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central > LET'S TALK TRUCKS! > TMC TRUCK & SUV > 12V Electronics

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

12V Electronics

Power Window and Mirror Conversion Done


This is a discussion on Power Window and Mirror Conversion Done within the 12V Electronics forums, part of the TMC TRUCK & SUV category!
That looks complicated,not sure I'd try it.Good job...

Audio / Video / Alarms / Lighting / Etc.

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  Go to top #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 AM
dirtyoldman's Avatar
I'm now on Medicare,officially old.
   
 
Real Name: Gary aka grampadirt aka Old Fart
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saugus,Ca.
Age: 68
Posts: 17,853
Vehicles
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power Window and Mirror Conversion Done

That looks complicated,not sure I'd try it.Good job
__________________
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/grampadirt/Burb20throwing20a20wave..jpg
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:27 PM
GatorFan's Avatar
You think I Shiv a Get?!!!?
 
Real Name: Rob
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 117
Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power Window and Mirror Conversion Done

It really wasn't all that hard BUT I did a ton of research and double-checking before I tackled everything. I hate wiring because it's so tedious and you have to have tons of patience, which I don't, but I'm glad I took my time because I know it will last a long time. If I ever sell this truck (don't plan on it), someone will freak out once they see all the extra crap I stuffed in this rig.

Luckily I kept all my diagams and data in case I get senile in my old age and forget WTF I did.

Thanks again guys for the comments.

After replacing my Fuel Sending Unit (MAJOR PAIN IN THE ARSE pulling the bed) and doing this project, I think I am done doing any large projects for a while.
Jdog07 likes this.
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Bought her new and she's always faithful!!!
My Truck Page
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Draenor's Avatar
KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
  
 
Real Name: John
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Now in Scott,LA
Posts: 6,754
Vehicles
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice job... And write up.
F'n professional too!


Sent from my overly sofisticated electronic device.
__________________
04 2500HD Whippled 2.3
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm NEW... What now?
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 43
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help!

I have a few questions, if someone would be kind enough to help.

Here goes the story......I bought 01 RCSB that came from the factory with PW/PL and Keyless entry (according to the build sheet. It however has power lock actuators and switches, but manual windows.

I pulled the door panels to discover the passenger door had no wiring, at all.

The fuse box on the drivers side does not have the provision for the 25 amp Circuit Breaker.

It is apparent the doors have been gutted, and scabbed back together. (Was a repo)

I bought all factory items (switches, regulators with motors, door harnesses, door panels, power mirrors) and attempted to get them working.

The 15 wire drivers side connector had been cut off, as well as the 12 wire on the passenger side. I spliced them back together before noticing the fuse box was incorrect. Blows fuses everytime I plug them in.

I need to know the best way to proceed, as I am at wits end with this mess.

I would consider doing this the way in the thread, but since I don't have lock only harnesses I know it wont work exactly the same.

Fortunately I do have all the pigtails to hook everything up.
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM
BlackStallion29's Avatar
There's a world going on outside the world that I'm in...
    
 
Real Name: Jeff
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Age: 56
Posts: 65,226
Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
I have a few questions, if someone would be kind enough to help.

Here goes the story......I bought 01 RCSB that came from the factory with PW/PL and Keyless entry (according to the build sheet. It however has power lock actuators and switches, but manual windows.

I pulled the door panels to discover the passenger door had no wiring, at all.

The fuse box on the drivers side does not have the provision for the 25 amp Circuit Breaker.

It is apparent the doors have been gutted, and scabbed back together. (Was a repo)

I bought all factory items (switches, regulators with motors, door harnesses, door panels, power mirrors) and attempted to get them working.

The 15 wire drivers side connector had been cut off, as well as the 12 wire on the passenger side. I spliced them back together before noticing the fuse box was incorrect. Blows fuses everytime I plug them in.

I need to know the best way to proceed, as I am at wits end with this mess.

I would consider doing this the way in the thread, but since I don't have lock only harnesses I know it wont work exactly the same.

Fortunately I do have all the pigtails to hook everything up.
I can't help you, but perhaps one of the electrical gurus will come along and offer you some advice. There are a couple guys on here that really know what they are doing when it comes to stuff like that. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
__________________
"Everybody gets knocked down in life, how you choose to get back up is up to you!"

*NRA* *GOA* *NAGR* *SAF*
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:10 PM
GatorFan's Avatar
You think I Shiv a Get?!!!?
 
Real Name: Rob
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 117
Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pat,

I sent you the diagrams I made plus a couple more I found, especially the factory power door lock diagram because you said you had the factory wiring pigtails. Let me know if you need anything else. I sure hope you can get everything working.
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Bought her new and she's always faithful!!!
My Truck Page
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm NEW... What now?
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Age: 47
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm looking into making my 01 1500 have the power window and mirror options. I haven't looked to far into it that much, waiting for the weather warm up. Would it be possible to snatch wire harness from a donor truck to make it a bit easier?
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2015, 05:40 AM
GatorFan's Avatar
You think I Shiv a Get?!!!?
 
Real Name: Rob
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 117
Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTom01 View Post
I'm looking into making my 01 1500 have the power window and mirror options. I haven't looked to far into it that much, waiting for the weather warm up. Would it be possible to snatch wire harness from a donor truck to make it a bit easier?
That is kind of what I did but I cut out what I needed and mated it to my existing harness and in some cases created my own harness. You can try to use the whole harness from another truck but it may or may not have all the connections/plugs you will need to mate it to your truck's components. Hope this answers your question. Good luck
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Bought her new and she's always faithful!!!
My Truck Page
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm NEW... What now?
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Age: 31
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a 2001 Sierra with power nothing, haha, I guess I would have to do all the wiring to which I'm not scared of doing, could you provide me with the diagrams? I'm sure this would make it much easier for me! All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Gontran
Reply With Quote
  Go to top #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2015, 09:54 AM
GatorFan's Avatar
You think I Shiv a Get?!!!?
 
Real Name: Rob
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 117
Vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gontran View Post
I have a 2001 Sierra with power nothing, haha, I guess I would have to do all the wiring to which I'm not scared of doing, could you provide me with the diagrams? I'm sure this would make it much easier for me! All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Gontran
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you the diagrams. I did them in MS Visio 2012 but you can download and install a Visio reader for free.
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.
Bought her new and she's always faithful!!!
My Truck Page
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.