Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central Bulldog Care Care featuring Adams Polishes

Go Back   Truck Forum - Truck Mod Central > LET'S TALK TRUCKS! > TMC TRUCK & SUV > 12V Electronics

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

12V Electronics

Aftermarket Keyless Entry Troubleshooting? :/

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Keyless Entry Troubleshooting? :/ within the 12V Electronics forums, part of the TMC TRUCK & SUV category!
Hey, I have a 1997 GMC C/K pickup and I've been installing aftermarket keyless entry, as my truck did not ...

Audio / Video / Alarms / Lighting / Etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  Go to top #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm NEW... What now?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aftermarket Keyless Entry Troubleshooting? :/

Hey, I have a 1997 GMC C/K pickup and I've been installing aftermarket keyless entry, as my truck did not come stock with it. I got the Autoloc KL800 keyless entry system. It took several hours with my reverse polarity locks (which required cutting the factory lock/unlock wires and routing them through relays), but I installed everything. My parking lights flashed when I pressed the remote, but the door locks did not respond at all. However, the power locks on the inside of the door still worked fine. Eventually I figured out I had grabbed relays with the wrong voltage rating and so I replaced them, but after I put in the proper ones, the power locks no longer work and I still have no keyless entry!! What's the problem?! ):

I'm going off of these instructions
Click the image to open in full size.